Little is known about Mary and Tazwell. Tazewell's father came fro Rowan NC. The family's name is "Heeke" in the Pilgrim Reform Church records. He moved to Carroll County about 1825/1835 where he operated copper and sulfide mines about Hillsville.
The 1860 Carroll census lists their children as:
1. Lydia A. (about 1855) who married 14-Sep-1874 J. H. Brawshaw of Russell County (son of William and Jane),
2. Isaac Robert (13-Aug-1857) and
3. Mary E. (about 1861) who married 27-Dec-1880 William R. Stinson of Russell County (son of William E. and Caroline).
Elsewhere I found:
4. Sarah A. (1863) who married John White,
5. Nancy Melissa Hagy (about 1865) who married 19-Aug-1883 James Harris (31-May-1864 to 3-Dec-1936) [they lived in Tazewell County, VA],
6. Cynthia (about 1871) who married 15-Aug-1888 James A. Cordel of Tazewell County, and
William (22-Sep-1873 in Russell County).
I would appreciate additional information about Polly and her children.
Tazewell's brother Jacob married Nancy Landreth the same day as Tazewell married Mary. It is not indicated whether it was a double ceremony.
Tazewell enlisted 25-Jul-1861 in Company C, 29th Regiment, Virginia Infantry. He was appointed Sergeant 13-May-1862.
The information about Tazewell's father and their deaths in Russel County came from web page. Information about the Russell County births and marriages was provided by Karen Hall who researched the Russell County records.