Thomas and Mae traveled to Edmonds, Alleghanty County, NC, to marry. Thomas was one of four children and Mae was one of fourteen children. They had five daughters and four sons of their own and, in addition, when Mae's sister, Fannie Lougaye, died in childbirth, they welcomed her infant daughter, Enola Gaye, into their home and raised her.
Mae had a stroke in 1972 and Tom cared for her at home. Mae suffered another stroke on Saturday, 21-Sep-1974, passing away. Thomas had a heart attack and died on Sunday. They were both buried in a double funeral and buried in Pickett's Cemetery.
Thomas and Mae's children are:
1. Almeta (Jun-1920) who married Ray Withheld,
2. Angeles D. who was still born (Dec-1921),
3. Cromer (Dec-1922) who married Evelyn,
4. Evans (Mar-1925) who married Marie,
5. Leona (Apr-1927) who married Denton D. Withheld,
6. Cleeta Aug-1929) who married James Withheld,
7. Douglas (Aug-1931),
8. Christine (Jun-1934) who married Jerry Withheld,
9. Eva (Sep-1935), and
10. Donald (Jan-1938) who married Dorothy.
Any information on these children, their
respective spouses and childrenwould be appreciated.