Edd and Berna both grew up in Monorat. Edd lived in Gillian, WV for about 5 years where he worked in the coal mines. The family moved back to the Monarat community of Carrol County in 1934. County. Edd worked for the New Jersey Zinc Co. in the Austinville mines. Edd retired to the family farm in 1973 and also worked his sideline as a barber. Edd passed away one week after his and Berna's 50th wedding anniversary. He was diabetic and had heart disease.
Edd and Berna are both interred in Pickett's Cemetery.
Edd and Berna's children are:
1. Elizabeth Marie (7-Nov-1935) to 12-Jul-2009) who married Delmar K. Rakes and later Jack (Withheld),
2. Edward Gerald (6-Sep-1942) who married Naomi,
3. Eldon Ray (17-Feb-1944) who married Linda,
4. Jane Ellen (13-Jun-1949) who married Johnny Jones,
5. Rueben Neal (3-Sep-1951) who married Norma,
6. Marcia Lynne (18-Oct-1955) who married Robert Wilmoth, and
7. Boyd Randolph (12-Jul-1957) who still lives on the family homeplace and works as a machinist. He attended Dublin Community College.
Any information about the members of this
family, their children and spouses will be